Ana Bermudez moved from a career in corporate finance to become an award-winning tech entrepreneur. Now as the founder and CEO of TAGit, Ana helps viewers buy cool, new products featured in popular television shows. Today she tells us how she does it. She also breaks down the best strategies for starting your own company, talks about overcoming challenges and rejection, and reveals what inspired her to jump off the corporate ladder and into tech entrepreneurship.
- An overview of TAGit and how it works for consumers
- How Ana was able to differentiate TAGit from its competition in the tech platform space (and how you can too)
- Why building mental fortitude was the most challenging part of Ana’s journey
- Why TAGit’s revenue model focuses more on retailers than consumers
- The importance of integrating a social aspect into brands
Ana Bermudez is the Founder and CEO of TAGit, a mobile app that allows TV viewers to buy items from their favorite TV shows. She is a business leader with over 10 years of experience, including executive management. Ana’s entrepreneurial, tenacious spirit gives her the ability to lead companies from start-up to profitability. She has won various competitions, including the Hera Labs Fast Pitch, Tech Coast Angels Quick Pitch, and the FundingPost Pitch competition.
Ana’s background is in the finance industry where she worked for big corporations. She co-founded a finance company in 2011, which is when her entrepreneurial journey first began. Ana is a creative innovator and dynamic public speaker with exceptional communication and problem-solving skills. Ana is a proud Fighting Irish, and holds a bachelor’s degree in Finance from the Mendoza College of Business in the University of Notre Dame.